Clearing GATE exam with high score worth-a-million. The essential advantages include:
• A good GATE score can help a candidate get admission in top-notch engineering institutes like IITs, NITs, IIITs, IISC, etc.
• A candidate can get a stipend of Rs. 8000 to Rs. 14000 per month for M.Tech. Course, which may vary for different institute.
• A student with M.Tech. Or M.E. gets better remuneration as compared to those with B.Tech. Or B.E. degree.
• Those who get admission in top institutes like IITs and IISc, can look at a salary package ranging from 7 lakhs to 30 lakhs per annum, depending on the specialization and performance.
• Many public sector undertakings like BHEL, NHPC, NTPC, etc. prefer GATE scores for selecting candidates.
• Candidates who have qualified GATE are also eligible for the award of junior research fellowship in CSIR laboratories.
• Those with good scores have better foreign prospects as compared to graduate level degrees.
A better score definitely gives an edge when it is concerned with joining various reputed companies as well as various off-campus recruitments. Those who couldn’t make it in IIT during their admission for graduation, this exam can provide them with better opportunities to enter the prestigious institutes in India for post-graduation. Preparation for this exam will also help the aspirants to focus on various other prominent PSU exams and certainly give a huge technical edge over others in interviews and career planning. Cracking this exam needs one to practice a lot to deliver the best. Going through previous papers with detailed solutions, analyze the paper pattern and focusing on maximum weightage subjects will help aspirants in better preparation. Preferring to GATE books with fundamental concepts and focus on concept clarity Publication will be an added advantage.